Thursday, March 1, 2012

Half Man, Half Woman

The Miller's, Deanna and Danielle, visited a few weekends ago.  We always love family coming in town and staying at our house, so all are welcome at any time. 

We have a game called Loaded Questions that we like to play with our family and friends.  It's a light hearted game where one simply rolls the dice, lands on a certain color, and reads the question on the card associated with the color.  The colors represent the categories of anything goes, personals, and hypotheticals.  When it's your turn, you will read the question, and those around you answer it, and then you pass it to a person to read the answers, and the person whose turn it is, has to guess who answered which way.  So, sometimes the answers are interesting conversation starters...

There was a particular question that brought us all to tears that I would like to further share with you.  The question was, "What was your favorite halloween costume?"
The, the answers were read, "Butterfly", "Grim Reaper", and "Half Man, Half Woman".

Immediately everyone started laughing, and "laughing" would be an understatement.  We were all bending over laughing, barely breathing with tears falling from our eyes.  But whose answer was it?  Deanna's, Greg's or Shayna's? 

Needless to say, Danielle guessed them all correctly, and I had to explain how my mother never bought our costumes, and we made them every year; however, Mom, I must ask, WHY?!?  How do you think of such interesting ideas to set me apart from all the other trick-or-treaters?

I wish I had a picture of the full costume, but my mom could not find one.  The lower half of the costume consisted of jeans on one side, and a skirt on the other.  As you can see from the pictures, I was wearing a nice necklace on one side, and a tie on the other.  The make-up and hair style were split as well.  Who knows, I was probably dressed in a high heal on one side and sneaker on the other and walked around like that all night long!

I hope you all enjoy, and I can't wait to play the game again with all of you. 
I love you, Mom, and I hope I gain your eye for creativity one day!



1 comment: