Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Half Bath Planning

Our half bath is our next project around the house.  I have so many ideas on my mind, and I can't wait until the finished product is completed in order to blog about it, so I will tell you what we have planned and what Greg surprised me with this weekend.

Once again we have a picture of what the original owner's decorations looked like.  The decorations were fine.  It was just that huge soffit that I always had issues with.  It makes the room so dark because the can light is the only light in the room, and it shines straight down, and the soffit just seems out of place floating over the sink.  So, I've always told myself that we are going to do some exploratory work and if there is nothing in the soffit, then it's coming down.
After running errands on Saturday, I came home and was surprised with a lovely mess.  I'm serious in saying that it was lovely because Greg had started the demo process.  The only unfortunate part was that we were having people over that night to BBQ, so I had to clean it up right away.  It was quite the discussion that evening among our friends.

Greg was able to finish the demo Sunday evening and did it with a smile on his face.

Now, we are ready for drywall!  We spent Friday evening at Home Depot buying some supplies.  We are going to have to scrape the ceiling because it's a popcorn ceiling, and we would rather scrape it then have a bad patch job by trying to match the rest.  We looked at new fixtures to choose from, and we both like a modern designed fixture, but we didn't like the price tag.  I went to Lowes on Saturday and found that they were even more expensive, so we think we may decide to buy the one that we both liked.

For our decorations...
We bought some pictures at Home Goods that were a great price that we couldn't pass up, so we are going to use these for color and design inspiration.
We have hung these on the side wall of the bathroom, opposite of the towel bar that has some towels that match the colors.  The other two walls are missing something.  Mackie gave me the idea to maybe paint what would appear to be a wallpaper on these walls, and I thought this could really be fun.  I did some research, and I have run into many other very exciting how-to design blogs that I now check pretty frequently.  On one of them, I found a design that I'm going to try and use.  I was going to paste in the design, but now I'm having trouble pulling it up.  Oh NO! 

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Greg - he's a man after my own heart! I like the pictures Shayna! (Mom)

    ReplyDelete