Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Enjoying March Weather

After a week full of rain, the weekend called for sunshine and we had planned on taking full advantage of it.  We moved out our patio furniture, invited friends over to BBQ, and played dominos outside. 

Instead of doing yard work on Sunday, I decided to relax and finished my book, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" outside and actually got some sun.  Abby and I went for a jog, and then we sat outside to cool off because it was cooler out there than in our house. 

Greg decided to work on his laptop outside, so I brought mine out there as well, and our pets decided they wanted to join us. 


If any window is open in our house, you are likely to find Chase.  He has been an indoor cat his entire life, but loves to look at birds, bat at bugs through the screen, and stalk our neighbors.  Chase tries to sneak out when Abby is let out, and he just rolls around on the concrete.  There has been a couple times where he has decided to run off, and I chase him thinking that I may lose him.  Only my family has experienced me when I thought I have lost Chase, and it wasn't pretty (that time he somehow found a way to get above the drop ceiling in our basement).

Anyway, I bought Chase a toy poodle's harnest when he was a kitten because I told myself that I was going to walk him.  That never happened because when we do put the harnest on him, he doesn't want to walk, as if he got 10 pounds heavier and he can only move by crawling.  So, we put this on him when he wants to sit outside with us because we know he can't get too far before we would catch him.

We grilled again that night and ate dinner outside while watching a show on HGTV on our laptops.  A perfect ending to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment