Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween 2012

This fall has been really busy for us.  Greg has traveled for business a week as I was wrapping up my project at work.  We added in 2 new operating rooms at a medical office building, and the Superintendent and Project Manager decided to go on vacation the week before we turned it over to the hospital, so I was working days and nights to finish the space while Greg was traveling for work.  The next week didn't get much better, so on Halloween, the last thing we wanted to do was to spend our evening opening up the door to children. 
We bought some pumpkins to carve, but it just seemed like so much work.  All we wanted to do was drink some wine and relax in front of the TV, but it seemed like such a waste to not do anything with the pumpkins.  So, Abby and I ended up just cutting off the tops of the pumpkins and digging out the seeds so we could have a snack, while Greg worked on his computer in the office.
Earlier in the week, I made a recipe for Starbucks' pumpkin poundcake, and it was delicious!  Even though I don't typically share recipes on this blog, I going to do it today because it was so good, and I think you should all make it.  I found it on Pinterest.
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
  • 3 Egg Whites
  • 1 cup Canned Pumpkin

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a load pan, and set aside.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the sugar, yogurt, and egg whites.  Whisk thoroughly until blended.  Stir in the pumpkin.  Add the dry ingrdients and stir until completely mixed.
4. Pour into Pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
5. And ENJOY!  Try not to eat half of it in one night like we did.  The suggested serving is 8.

Greg and I had a Halloween party to go to the Saturday after Halloween, and we had no idea what we wanted to be.  It worked out well that the party was after Halloween because all the Halloween costume stores had 50% off of their merchandise.  We went on Thursday to look at some of the costumes and just couldn't justify spending money on them.  I borrowed a tool belt from a guy at work and decided that I was going as a construction worker.  Greg couldn't come up with anything on his own, so I went back on Saturday before the party and bought the costume that he wanted the most.  Needless to say, he had the best costume at the party.
The night ended up being really fun!  My friend decorated the house, as you can see the blood dripping from the ceiling and creepy old people in the frames in the picture above.  It makes me regret not doing much around my house for Halloween, but it gets me excited for Christmas because I want to start decorating in a couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cool - Greg that is. I hope you don't wear the stockings to work!

    ReplyDelete