Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend with Mackie

We had another family visitor this weekend!
Mackie decided to come in town!  Abby greeted Mackie with lots of love and smiles, and Chase decided to nip her on the butt.  It was a perfect, relaxing weekend of working out, watching HGTV, walking Abby, watching movies, shopping and going out to dinner.

Mackie cooked us some of her famous salmon on Friday, which I love, and I made some cheddar broccoli soup with sweet potatoes.  Greg provided the vegetables by making a juice.  While we were eating dinner, Greg got us addicted to his trivia game on his phone that we couldn't put down.  Finally, we said one more game, and it ended up being two, and then we watched the movie 50/50, where Abby and Mackie cuddled throughout the entire movie.


We had plans on Saturday to work out, and go out to the movies to see The Vow.  I introduced Mackie to our elastic band work out videos that we like to do, and she was feeling it on Sunday with some sore muscles.  We went to the movie on the plaza for $4 in the afternoon.  Can't beat that!  Then, we shopped around for jewelry to go with her model's dresses for the upcoming fashion show.

Mackie introduced me to a very bad thing this weekend.  She showed me that you could watch more shows on HGTV's website by going to the shows website first, and then clicking on full episodes.  I thought I almost got through my addiction by watching all the episodes that I thought the website had to offer, but now I have so many more to watch.  We watched the show Property Brothers throughout the weekend, which I would say is a new favorite of mine!

After she left on Sunday, it was back to reality with a house that needed to be cleaned and a China cabinet that is nearing completion.  Look forward to an upcoming post on the China cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment