Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Love for Our Pets

Our pets bring so much joy to our lives.  I haven't given an update on them in a while, so I figured I would do a quick post and let the pictures speak for themselves.  We have so many pictures of them!  They always do something funny and we're always reaching for our phones to snap a picture of it.
Chase is turning 3 this year, and Abby is turning 5.  Chase hasn't slowed down a bit and continues to sprint around upstairs after we wake up on a weekend and our downstairs eating breakfast.  He and Abby don't play as much, but they will every now and then if Abby starts it.  She has learned that if she just starts growling, Chase immediately stops playing, so the fights don't last as long.
Chase loves sugar and cereal.  He knows when I'm baking something sweet or when we are eating ice cream because he always wants to have a lick of something sugary.  I have started the habit of giving him a spoonful of milk from my cereal bowl.  I only have cereal maybe once or twice a week, and Chase is never around unless I have cereal.  It's like he recognizes the sound of cereal hitting the bowl or smells the sugar and milk.  He waits ever so patiently for me to finish my cereal for his milk.  Likewise, Abby gets a bite of an apple when I have that for breakfast, so if she patiently waits and doesn't beg until I finish my food, and then she gets her apple.
 
In our office, Greg taught Abby to lay in the papazan chair.  She loves this chair and it's hard to keep her out of it now.
On the other hand, Chase always has to be right in the action.  And he loves looking out the windows.  I would love for him to be able to talk and tell me what he sees all day and whether he likes looking at the birds or cars.  In this picture, he is watching the snow.
Chase lays down in the funniest places - laundry basket, hanging sheves, and only Greg's sink. 
Either it's the winter weather or maybe because he's getting older, but he cuddles with us all the time while we are watching TV.  He usually lays on Greg, while Abby rests her head on me.  Sometimes he will lay right on top of Abby.  They are so precious together.
They both love attention.  Chase is always around during any craft project I'm doing.  After I push him away enough when he is in my way, he just falls asleep in the middle of everything.
Abby slowly inches her way closer to the front seat in our car rides home.  She eventually will have her butt on the back seat and her elbows on the front console.  Don't worry, we push her back to the back seat once she gets up this far.
So, we admit it.  We spoil our pets.  But they are our children as of right now, and I couldn't imagine giving them any less love.
 
We've contemplated many times about getting another dog, but these two are just too perfect together that we wouldn't want to change their relationship and our devotion of time to them.


 

1 comment:

  1. I just love the pictures of them together! So cute. What were you making in that picture of Chase laying on the fabric? :)

    ReplyDelete