Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chase-Man

I lived in my apartment for 9 months by myself, and I had to start thinking about signing the lease for another year.  Greg and I had talked about getting married, but I never though any signs of a proposal was in the near future.  Greg was participating in the Lawrence Wakarusa Off Road Challenge one Saturday morning, so I ran some errands and stopped by the Humane Society on my way home to pass some time.
That was when I found the most beautiful, perfect proportioned kitten named Chase.  He was labeled as a "buff" colored kitten, and I held him for several minutes, and he was so calm and never tried getting away or biting me, for that matter.  I left there and drove home, and I tried to get a hold of Greg. 







As some of you know, Greg has said that he is allergic to cats, but I did some research for 5 minutes and found the following facts: 
1. Lighter colored cats are less allergenic.  Perfect!  Chase was buff colored!
2. Some say that cat allergies are caused from their saliva, so it is spread in their dander after they lick themselves and others say it is from their urine.  No problem!  I clean regularly and I will place the little box away from Greg.
3. Those people who are allergic to cats can get over their allergies over time after living with a cat...


 From these quick internet facts, I decided that I needed a little roommate to keep me busy while I was by myself.  I called Greg's roommate in hopes that he could get a hold of Greg, and I told him that I was going to adopt a cat.  He told me he thought that I should wait for Greg, but I reassured him of the facts and told him that I made up my mind.  Greg finally called after his race, and I told him the good news.  He said he would consider it, and he would head over to my place in a little while.  
We went up to the Humane Society and little Chase was still there.  I paid $6 for him, yes $6, and I feel bad to this day that I didn't say anything about the amount, although I do try and donate to this place as often as I can.  Greg took Chase home to get acquainted with Abby as I went to buy some kitten supplies.  
Greg is no longer allergic to cats.  Chase loves Greg dearly even though Greg teases the cat to no end, and Chase and Abby are the best siblings and love each other dearly, or so I like to think.  Our family wouldn't be complete without him.






No comments:

Post a Comment