Sunday, March 11, 2012

Curtains & Plates

This weekend was quite a success in finding more items to complete the Dining Room.  I went to the JC Penney Outlet, and to my surprise, they improved their Home Furnishings Department.  They had lots of cute accent chairs that I may try to convince Greg to buy on the upcoming friends and family weekend or another time in the future when we are ready to finish another room. 

I found some yellow plates to add a splash of color in the dining room.  The dinner plates were $1 and the smaller plates were 50 cents, so I think I got a good deal. 

I also went to JoAnn Fabrics and found a fabric pattern that I would like to make curtains from.  I had to order the fabric, so hopefully it will arrive soon enough so I can have my mom help me sew them over the upcoming weekends that we will be home.  I took a picture of the fabric draped over the fabric canvases that we have hanging in the room, so you can have a sneak peak of what they will look like. 

I thought I was going to go with a lighter color because I thought the gray color on the walls was going to darken the room too much, but after getting everything all put together in the room, I wanted to add in more green.  I just couldn't find a solid green fabric that matched well enough, and I love that these curtains will be another pop of art in the room.  I can't wait!

I also started to look at flowers to make arrangements for some of the vases in the Dining Room.  It's way too hard for me to look at the flowers and choose something I like.  I will have to search pictures of them on the internet that I like and bring that to the store to copy.  Another project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment