Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Pat's 10K Race & Weekend in STL

We traveled to St. Louis this past weekend for Greg and his friends to participate in the St. Patrick's Day 10K Race.  The boys decided to make a weekend of it and rented a hotel room for the evening and had a night out downtown.  Greg finished in 44 minutes, and they were all smiles at the end of the race!
Ryan, Jeremy and Greg - Both of them were in our wedding
We took a half day on Friday and got into town early.  My parents surprised us with a finished basement!  They were always going to finish the basement, but as I know now, projects take longer than expected.  At Christmas, they explained how they were going to lay it out, and just like that, they were smart and hired the help to do the items that they couldn't do themselves or that would take several months to complete.  It looked great, and now Greg and I have a bedroom there to call our own.  That afternoon, Greg went to a shooting range with his friends, Jeremy and Andrew,  went out to dinner, and then Andrew and Greg came back to my parents' house and our friends, Jessica and Evan, stopped by as well.  We played a couple games on Wii Sports, and then called it a night.


Jessica's grandpa passed away last week, and I was able to attend the funeral on Saturday.  Jessica has asked me when she was going to debut on this blog, and unfortunately, this is the first mention of her, but there will be many more in the future, I promise!  Jessica's grandpa was exceptionally welcoming and friendly growing up.  He made me feel like one of his grandchildren, and I just remember him being so funny.  He will be missed!


I should also mention my grandpa, who I was able to see on Saturday before the funeral.  He switched his internet service, and he had asked me how to save his favorites again to the toolbar at the top of the computer.  After a little research, we were able to figure it out.  Greg has always customized his toolbar on his computer, and I thought it was just as easy to type in a website in the browser that I visit frequently rather than saving it to my favorites; however, if my grandpa does it, then I should be able to do it as well.


Sunday we went to Greg's parents house for lunch and had delicious fish and beef tacos and brownies for dessert.  We like to play a game that we call "Guess What's New Around the House", and Greg and I find the new or changed items that they have done since our last visit.  We may no longer be able to play this game when they come to our house since I will be blogging about most of it.  We also were able to look at pictures of all the blankets and quilts that Greg's mom and her mother have made over the years.  I wish I would have counted them all.  All of them very unique and beautiful.  She is very talented.  I have learned how to crochet in the past, but I'm not sure if I will be able to pick it up one day.  I haven't been able to find that niche of mine yet, maybe it will be blogging, I'm not sure.


Enjoy the week and make the most of it!  We are getting rain all week long, but the weekend looks nice, so we may start looking at plants for the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment