Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 6: Gatorland

Florida is known for their population of aligators, but I had to visit Gatorland to see what it was all about.  It was a make-shift zoo designed around aligators, and they had a live animal encounter show, gator jumping show and gator wrestling show. 

It was really hot out, so we only stayed for two of the shows, and missed someone wrestling with a gator, which I really wanted to see, but there wasn't enough to keep us entertained until the show time.  The pictures that we got were really cool, and it is the greatest amount of aligators that I've seen in my life in one place. 
What I didn't like about the place that some of you may not know about me, is my fear of birds.  They were everywhere!  There were animal feeding exhibits, and huge birds surrounded those areas fighting the animals that you were supposed to feed for the food.  When I had my camera in my hand, they thought it was food.  I had to put it away, and then they left me alone. 

I was also expecting more out of the gator jumping show, as if a gator could jump as high as a dolphin.  I guess I had pretty high expectations because they could barely get out of the water to get the chicken off the rope from us cheering them on as you can see in the video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment