Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our Proposal

I'm not sure if everyone knows the story of our engagement, so I thought that I'd share how Greg proposed...

Greg and I never talked about marriage all that much because I always thought it was a turn off to guys for a girl to ask about when they are getting married or to discuss the long future ahead; however, Greg and I both knew that we wanted to be together, and I can honestly say that Greg is my best friend.

We finally started to discuss getting married that summer, and I, of course, suggested that maybe we start looking at rings and convinced Greg that it wouldn't be so bad.  To my surprise, he didn't think it was too awful, and sure enough Greg purchased the ring of my dreams the following week, but I didn't discover this until 3 months later.

Greg and I went on vacation to San Diego the weekend before my birthday in October, and he proposed at the San Diego Zoo, which if you know Greg and I we love the zoo; however, we do get a lot of jokes about Greg proposing at this location, but I couldn't have asked for a more perfect place or perfect day. 

Before we left for vacation, Greg had contacted the zoo and asked if they had a person that could take pictures of the proposal.  They referred him to the people in the zoo that nag a person to take his or her picture so they can put it on a nice zoo background and one can choose to purchase it at the end of their trip. 

After walking around on a beautiful, hot day at the zoo, we decided to take a break and get lunch.  Greg walked us all around to a nice restaurant at the zoo that served seafood.  I kept insisting that we just grab a burger at one of the many cafes that we passed, but Greg led us all around to this restaurant.  We enjoyed a nice meal, and then Greg stopped in at the restroom, and I decided to use this time to call my Dad who was watching our pets at the time.

Greg got out of the restroom and waited, and I suggested that I talk to my Dad as we walk to the next exhibit, but patient Greg said he would wait, so I hung up the phone with my Dad and Greg suggested that we walked up to this bridge by a waterfall.  At this point, I noticed the crazy camera lady following us and I asked what was going on.  He stopped on the bridge, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him.  I kept saying, "What are you doing?!?", but finally threw a "YES" in there. 

The pictures that the lady took are irreplaceable, and I'm so thankful that we are able to have them.  That night we went out to dinner, planned the entire guest list, chose the wedding party, and wrote down ideas that we wanted to incorporate into our day.  Who said planning a wedding was hard? 






No comments:

Post a Comment