Monday, February 20, 2012

My Funny Valentine

I told most of you Happy Valentine's Day with an email revealing this blog, but if I missed anyone, then Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Our Valentine's Day started off with me making Greg eggs and a fruit cup for breakfast, and he was very appreciative of it.  I realize that cooking for Greg is the way to his heart.  I packed his lunch for work that day, and I had a nice dinner planned, so I was excited for the evening to make dinner and surprise him with the blog.

I tried a recipe that my Mom had given me called My Funny Valentine, which cooks Lobster Newburg with lobster tails, mushrooms, shallots and green peas, and Lemon-Butter Parslied Potatoes, that I substituted with sweet potatoes.

What is it Supposed to Look Like

What Ours Looked Like
Despite the differences in pictures, the meal turned out delicious! 

We spent the rest of the romantic evening watching The Biggest Loser, and I revealed the blog over a commercial and we read the stories together.  Greg loved the idea of the blog, and he's excited that I'll have something to work on while he is on his computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment