Sunday, July 15, 2012

Gettemeier Family Get-Together in STL

It's been too long since the last post because our weekends have been filled with lots of social events and fun with our friends, so the house projects have been put on hold while we are enjoying our summer.  This past weekend we went home to visit our families and celebrate my cousin's daughter's 1 year old birthday party.  Josye was born 2 days before Greg and I's wedding.  She is the happiest, cutest little girl, and I can't wait for her to be walking around and talking.


She really enjoyed her cupcake and she had to wash off in the pool afterwards.
The party was circus themed, and I should have taken more pictures of the decorations and all of the kid's swimming.  My cousin had an artist that draws caricatures at the party.  He asked each person what they wanted as their background.  Greg and I chose frisbee golfing.


How do you think he did?  I think it looks pretty good.
Since we moved away, we don't get to go to all the family get-togethers for birthdays that my mom's side of the family, the Gettemeier's, like to do, so it seems as though everyone is growing up so fast and my cousins continue to add to their families.  Out of my 5 cousins that are married, there are 9 children and one more on the way.  This weekend we were able to meet Maddex who is 4 months old.  He is an adorable little baby starting to smile at funny faces.


  


Now to talk about my little guy (a cat) for a bit... When we go home and share our time between Greg's family's house and mine, I always drop Chase off at my parents' house first because he doesn't often sleep in new places.  He's typically up all night playing with new things he finds or often pawing at the blinds to see outside.  So, we got a good night's sleep on Friday at Greg's parents' house, and on Saturday, I was up numerous times trying to contain Chase.  I had to kick him out of our room because he was trying to eat the blind pulls, then an hour later he would paw at the door.  So, I then locked him in the back of the basement.  Somehow he was really strong and opened up the door and woke me up again pawing at our door.  I lost my last nerve and locked him out of the basement completely, so he would have to be upstairs with my parents who sleep like rocks (hopefully).  My mom said she didn't hear him at all, but we woke up to all her yarn around the house leading from her closet where she keeps it.  



Chase is always exhausted from the weekend of not sleeping, and he such a sweetie on Sunday evenings when we get back to Olathe, and he wants to cuddle and sleep. 

As of right now, we don't have another trip planned home to visit until September for a wedding.  So, let us know of any future parties coming up, or let's get something on the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment