Tuesday, July 17, 2012

1 Year Anniversary Celebration

Greg and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday.  It seems as though the year flew by, although I feel like we've been married for a long time because it is the 8th year that we have been together.  I think the real challenge of getting married was moving in together, but we have worked through all those issues, and we have learned to laugh at each other and not take everything so seriously because we all make mistakes at times.

We said that we were going to get each other the traditional anniversary gifts, but neither of us ended up buying the other a gift.  That is so like us because we've never been big into gifts; however, I didn't know if Greg had really gotten me a gift, so I made a card Sunday night and decided to make him breakfast.
The front of the card had the lyrics to our wedding first dance song, "Swing Life Away" by Rise Against.  I still love that song, and I think it describes our relationship perfectly in that we simply get by and make a life for ourselves with what we are given.  On the inside of the card, I wrote some things that I love about Greg.


Another tradition that we wanted to start was to take a picture of ourselves every anniversary and include our future children in the picture to see how our family grows over the years.  Greg actually cooperated with this one.
 

Greg and I had plans to go to the Melting Pot to celebrate.  I'm sure most of you know what the Melting Pot is, but just in case, it's a restaurant where one cooks their food fondue style at their table.  Greg and I also ordered a beer and wine flight that was paired with each of the 4 courses.  The food was delicious!
Samual Adams Boston Lager Beer Cheese Fondue with Sam Adams Boston Lager Beer and Pinot Gris
 I forgot to get a picture of the salads, but Greg ordered the mushroom spinach salad with a Pale Ale, and I had the California Salad with Strawberries and Chardonnay.
Dinner consisted of buffalo chicken, shrimp, steak, and mushroom filled noodles with an IPA and Claret 

Dessert was a chocolate peanut butter berry mix fondue and a Chocolate Stout and Cabernet Sauvignon
So here's to another year of happiness and many more to follow.


  


1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) anniversary! I love your idea of taking a picture every year. I think Joe and I will have to start doing that too. :)

    ReplyDelete