Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Message a Card May Bring

Don't you just love receiving a card no matter what the occasion is? 

Greg would always ask what I wanted for my birthday, and I would tell him, I wanted a card or something where he would tell me what I meant to him.  I don't think he understood that by simply giving me a card that said "happy birthday", I would know that he cared. 

My friend, Jessica, would give me a hand made card for my birthday, and those were the best.  I would hang it up in my room for months after the occasion, even in college.  It was hard always to throw it away eventually.

Cards are so expensive, so I would never include them in gifts, but the message in cards always have the right words for every occasion.  I have recently found that there are several websites that have wording for cards, so it makes it that much easier to make your own card.  I always see blogs with ideas to make your own stationary, and I think they are so cute, but who has the time for that.  Well, it turns out that I actually find it sort of relaxing because it reminds me of my scrapbooking days.

Greg and I were invited to Derek and Cala's engagement party this weekend, and I wanted to make them a card.  The theme of the party was "Eat, Drink & Be Married" and everyone was to bring their favorite wine to share.  We decided to also give them a bottle and a wine vacuum pump. 

I still have several scrapbooking supplies that I dug through, and found some paper to match for the card that I had in mind.
I found the following message online to use:

wherever life may lead you
may you always find hope and happiness
in each others eyes…
comfort and warmth in each others arms…
love and laughter in each other’s hearts
and precious moments to share together.

 congratulations on your engagement

Then, I decided to give them some advice.  I came up with these on my own.

o Try to be loving in all of your actions and words.
o Let the little things go and choose your battles.
o Talk about everything.
o Plan date nights every so often.
o Understand when your spouse needs his or her own space.
o And, most importantly, there is nothing that a little wine and laughter can’t fix.


I printed these out on the computer, cut all the sheets up, and then glued them together.  I wrote "love always" on the front and glue some paper behind it so it would stick out a little.

And there you go!  So easy, and I'm sure Derek and Cala will love it!
We had a fun time at the party too.

No comments:

Post a Comment