Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chase's 2nd Birthday Gift

It's been too long since my last post.  We've taken a break from all the projects and have had some fun weekends hanging out with friends and going back home for Easter.  This weekend was packed with projects, so I'll finally have some material to post about.  I have finally told myself that this blog can't just be about our projects because Greg is getting tired of me continuously adding to the list.  My New Years Resolution was to never start a project if I couldn't finish it in 2 weeks.  It's not going so well.

The first story I have to share is that we are upcoming on Chase's 2nd Birthday!  Greg and I were out on Saturday morning to raid the local garage sales, and we came home spending only $1.  A woman was getting rid of a cat scratching post, and I snatched it up because those range from $60 to $100 at Petsmart.  Greg and I said that we were going to make one before, but again, that would just be one more project to add to the list.  One post is pretty ripped up, so I have some carpet samples at work that we are going to wrap around the one post, and it will be as good as new.

When I brought it in the house, Abby was all excited from the new smells, and Chase sprinted upstairs and hid under our bed.   I carried it upstairs and set it at the top of the stairs.  Chase finally crawled out and cautiously went up to his present and sniffed it for a bit, and then began to play.  He can't resist anything with feathers or tassels on them.

I don't know if I'll be able to top this present next year...

1 comment: