Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Invitations

One of the activities that has kept me busy in the last few weeks was making invitations for my friend, Amy's wedding.  She found a design online and got a quote for $1,600 and said no way!  She showed me the design, and I said I could make those for her.  She didn't believe me and there's nothing more that I like to do, than to do something that someone says I can't do.  So, I said give me a couple of days, and I'll send something her way to see if it's good enough and if I should continue.  I spent the next evening working on the invitations while listening to the somewhat soothing voices of those on The Voice! 
Well, needless to say, Amy loved them!  She and Alex were so fun to work with on the design, and I'm really happy with the way that they turned out.  I gave them the name of the printing company that I used called Minuteman Press, and they went through them to get the invitations printed and they came out only paying a few hundred dollars.  
I designed my own invitations for my wedding as well by seeing a design online and trying to recreate it.  I was really happy with mine as well, but I love Amy's!
I really enjoy working on invitations or anything creative on the computer.  It sort of artsy and relaxes me in a way.  I would love to help you with any invitations for get-togethers, birthday parties, anniversaries, bachelorette parties, etc.  If you know of anyone that would like something made, please have them contact me.

Have a good rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment