Thursday, September 4, 2014

Welcome Lana Addison

This post is a little late, but this blog has been more so documentation for Greg and I and the things in our lives, and we love looking back at all the posts and seeing everything we have accomplished.  So, we introduce to you, our daughter, Lana Addison.  The birth of Lana is by far the most monumental experience that we have shared together.  I cannot put into words how much I love this little girl that we have created.  I knew I would love her before she was born, but from the moment she was put into my arms in the hospital, I could not stop telling her that I loved her, and I continue to fall in love with her everyday.
I don't want to go into my birth experience because I understand that all experiences are different, and how different they can be from child to child.  I read so many women's stories beforehand to prepare myself, and none of that knowledge was needed for when we were at the hospital.  I was thankful to have Greg there right by my side sharing in the experience and making the hospital room a calm atmosphere.  Greg is always so calming, and I'm lucky to have him as a husband.
So, we checked into the hospital at 9:30 AM, and Lana was born at 6:18 PM weighing 6 pounds, 15 ounces and 19.5 inches long.  She was a little angel and perfectly healthy.  That's all I wanted.
Since then she has grown like crazy and constantly changes each week making more and more people fall in love with her.  Everyone says that I'll miss this stage of cuddling and quiet time before she talks, and I'm already realizing how fast people grow up.  She has such personality in her silence and the faces she makes just taking it all in.  
With only a few weeks left until I go back to work, we're making the most of our time together.  It's been an awesome 8 weeks, and we have been so blessed by all the visitors that we have had, dinners that have been made for us, and the time people have taken to share in our daughter's life.  






1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of Greg with Lana's finger touching his chin. We love her so much. She's a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete