Sunday, December 9, 2012

27 Things

1. Greg's birthday was last Thursday.
2. He turned 27.
3. I bought Greg's presents the weekend before his birthday.
4. It took everything I had for me not to give him his presents the moment after I got home and had them wrapped.
5. I did give in and had him open up 1 present 2 days before his birthday.  It was a black and grey striped tie and some sparking saki.
6. The day before Greg's birthday we went to Cellar & Loft in Kansas City for a wine tasting and to get more education on wine, scotches, and tequila. 
7. Then, we went to Johnny's to meet up with some friends for trivia.
8. On Greg's actual birthday, we decided to stay in and I cooked Greg a nice steak meal that actually turned out pretty good.
9. Greg was finally able to open up his presents!  The remaining gifts were Sports Champions 2 for our Playstation Move, and a coffee press and more coffee.
10. We were going to put a coffee press on our Christmas list because we have been wanting one for a while.  I finally saw a decent glass one at Macy's and bought it. 
11. We had to get coffee beans because the beans need to be coarsely ground and not the typical fine grade.  The coffee is just HyVee's breakfast blend, and it was delicious. 
12. Sports Champions 2 has tennis, boxing, bowling, golf, archery, and skiing.
13. Greg just couldn't put down his coffee he loved it so much.
 14. He was skiing and jumping off ramps while I was cooking.
15. On Friday evening, we went to Jeremy's for a Christmas party with our friends. 
16. He and his girlfriend, Kristen, worked all day on appetizers with a Christmas theme.  They homemade dog biscuits as party favors.
17. On Saturday the girls from work wanted to make our company christmas party a girls night, so I went to that and spent the night out in a hotel, and us girls went to see the last Twilight movie in the morning. 
18. Greg on the other hand worked like crazy getting a lot of things done around the house.  I got home on Sunday feeling guilty for how much he had accomplished all on his own.
19. He finished securing our bikes to the ceiling of our garage.  He did 2 loads of laundry, picked up the dog doo-doo from the yard, raked the pine needles, tried fixing the toilet, and cleaned up the house some. 
20. He is truly amazing because I didn't ask him to do anything, but to have fun since I was out having fun.
21. Needless to say, by 8 PM on Sunday Greg was exhausted.
22. Chase loves Greg.  Greg claims that he is warm-bodied so Chase is always wanting to lay on him. 
23. I think Chase secretly likes discipline, and that is what Greg offers him.
24. Greg is a middle child like me, and I think we have a lot of the same qualities because of that.  I'm a firm believer in the effects of birth order and how that shapes some of our characteristics.
25. Greg could spend hours on end on his computer doing almost anything from organizing photos, researching topics, watching videos, listening to music, etc. and he gets energized by this.
26. This is an introverted quality that I wish I could develop, but I can only sit on my computer uninterrupted for about an hour before I get exhausted and have to get up an do something.
27. Greg says he is a thinker and I am a doer, and that is why we work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment