Saturday, November 24, 2012

Early Christmas Present for Greg

Every now and then packages show up at our house with Greg's name on it.  Sometimes Greg will tell me about them before they arrive and other times I am surprised.  Typically the packages contain more light switches or outlets for the Z-Wave system, but every now and then it's a gift that both of us can enjoy. 

This time I did hear that Greg ordered the ladder that he wanted.  I was thinking to myself, "Great, we will finally have a ladder, rather than borrowing Jeremy's when we needed it."  BUT, this is no ordinary ladder, this is The Little Giant Ladder. 
The box itself was around 9'hx3'wx12"d.  And, I should have assumed that Greg would overdo it a bit because when Greg finally decides to purchase something for himself after all the research he has done, it's typically the best of the best.  This ladder can be an A-frame, extension, 90-degree ladder, and can also come apart to be set up as scaffolding. 

Greg was thinking about all the projects he could accomplish with this ladder, and I was imagining all the renovations we could now do like painting our 2 story foyer and the outside of our house, or at least just start by hanging Christmas lights on the house.

Well, Greg has proved that this ladder was a good buy when I caught him cleaning our front window from the inside and out. Chase jumps from the second floor on top of the closet and sits above this window. There's a lot of little nose prints that we've been wanting to get off the window. We can also finally dust the lights on the chandelier and on top of the closet. And maybe even decorate above there.
And I'm sure you're wondering what I'm going to buy myself for Christmas... We were at the Sears Outlet the other week, and we think we saw the drawers for our washer and dryer there on sale for around $100 each.  For those of you that have these, you know it's a great deal.  We haven't pulled the trigger on this one yet, but we may pay them a visit after Thanksgiving and make some needed changes in our laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment