Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rachael & Brooklyn in Town & Blue Jacket Winery

Rachael came in town to visit last weekend and stayed from Wednesday evening until Sunday, so it was nice to have a family member in the house for that long.  Along with her came my family’s dog and her new kitty because my parents were away on an Alaskan cruise.  Brooklyn, Rachael’s kitten, was probably the highlight of the weekend, especially for Chase.
I'm sorry Rachael, but she is just not photogenic, but she is adorable in person.
We introduced them in a bedroom where Greg had to pin down Chase so he was forced to interact with Brooklyn.  After several mean hisses, they were best friends, and spent the entire weekend following each other around and literally rolling around playing.  Rachael took tons of great videos that she will have to share with me some day so I can post them.  I took a short one, but it's not nearly as good as what they worked up to.


The weekend was pretty relaxing playing Playstation Move Frisbee Golf and Bow & Arrow, going out for Spin Pizza, renting Hunger Games, and shopping on the Plaza.  We also took Joe and Abby to Shawnee Mission Dog Park and walked around talking about our futures. 

It’s very interesting how unique all of us girls turned out.  I always thought I was the odd ball going into engineering when my sisters studied the arts, but our differences are deeper than what we chose to do for a career.  We each treasure diverse things whether it’s a career, economic stability, being healthy, relationships, dream of owning your own business, and/or family.  It's interesting how those things influence our everyday decisions.  I found myself "lecturing" Rachael to choose things for her life that make me happy in mine, but in reality, her dreams are different than mine, and it's weird to think that someone else wants something completely different than you.

 
On Saturday afternoon the plan was to hit the Lawrence Wineries, but the rain pushed back our plans so we were only able to go to Blue Jacket Winery just outside of Lawrence.  We met up with some friends and enjoyed some wine under a covered patio.  That evening we went to Jack Stack and called it an early night.
After a long weekend, we rested on Sunday and got energized again to go to our first Sporting KC soccer game that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment